As I mentioned before, makeup brushes to me are like my babies. Without them, it would feel like as if a photographer without her camera. So today, I would like to share with you how to wash makeup brushes as I think this is the number one most important step in maintaining your brushes.
To do this, all you need are: a soap and water
1. Before you start, always make sure that your sink is clean. To create soapy water, place a bar of soap in the sink while filling up the sink with half full of warm water.
2. Place all your dirty makeup brushes into the soap water and let it sit for a minute or two.
3. With one hand holding a bar of soap, I would give a couple gentle sweep on top of the soap to ensure all the brushes are rid of makeup residue. Do this to all of your brushes one by one.
4. then with a thumb and index give it a gentle squeeze in the direction of your brush to squeeze out all the makeup residue
5. Drain all the dirty soapy water and give your sink a quick rinse before filling it with half full of clean water. Give all your brushes a nice rinse in the water and you are good to go
6. Lastly, leave it air dry lying flat on a napkin (you can also use a towel or basket, whichever work best for you). NEVER let it dry standing in your brush holder as the water will weight the hair down and this will distort the shape of your brush.
This complete my tutorial! Hope you like it!