"The best gift I can give you today is to pass on my dreams, good health, luck, fortune and happiness to you. May you have years full of happiness to come. Happy Birthday dear sister!"
An hour ago, it was my little sister's birthday. I have not seen my sister dressing up for a while and today she looks absolutely beautiful. She had on a green dress and I get to help her put on makeup which I was super excited about (she rarely put on any makeup). We had a house party rather than eat out because my sister cannot eat outside food. I don't mind eating homemade food, in fact, it is much healthier but the biggest problem is I am bad at cooking and worst at making cake. For the past two nights, I had been trying to bake a successful cake. I would wait till my sister went to bed before I start my baking process. My first attempt was a disaster, the cake won't even rise but I did find out the reason why is because I was baking it with a small oven (the ones you can toast your bread). So I then placed it in the regular oven and the cake did rise but by the time I took it out, it was burnt. My second attempt was a little better but I would say that is the ugliest cake I've ever seen. Everything worked out fine until when I tried to take the cake out of the pan, it was sticking to the pan so hard that by the time I got it out, there are cracks on the cake. This is why my sister had an ugly cake for her birthday. Nonetheless, we spent a wonderful evening together.
Back to our makeup tutorial, as requested by some of you, I made you guys my rainbow makeup tutorial. Hope you like it!
- do the regular skin care routine (apply toner, face cream and eye cream)
- apply face primer as this will prepare your skin for makeup and smooth out your skin - I use Revlon Photoready Primer
- apply foundation/bb cream - I use Skin 79 bb cream instead of foundation because I find it looks more natural and adhere better to my skin
- Before applying eyeshadow, always apply eye primer as it will make the colours to stand out more and to last longer (this step is a definite MUST for this makeup) - I use Revlon Photoready eye primer
- use eyebrow pencil/eyeshadow to draw out your brow - I use Coastal Scent prism eyeshadow palette to draw out my brow
Start by applying hot pink eyeshadow on the corner of your eye
then orange eyeshadow,
light blue eyeshadow
and finally purple eyeshadow
- Use a blender to blend the four colours
- Using a liquid eyeliner, draw the fake eyelashes in - I use NYC liquid eyeliner
- then using a white eyeliner pencil and draw a eyeline above your lower eyelashes as this will make your eyes look bigger - I use Essence Kajal pencil
Apply upper and lower false eyelashes to make your eyes look even bigger - I got it from eBay
To create a small lips, use a concealer to cover the two sides of your lips - I use Almay eye concealer
Apply hot pink lipstick in the middle to create the mini mouth - I use Wet n Wild lipstick
And this completes the look!
Hope you enjoy this tutorial! My next makeup tutorial will be on the robot makeup, so keep an eye out for it. The Closet 365 is intended to be a fashion/style blog, so I have decided all the makeup tutorials are by request only. Simply leave me a comment for any makeup look on the post and I will prepare for it.
Thank you all for the beautiful comments from last post and I wish you all have a fabulous evening!